A Christmas for a Positive Future
Enjoy Presence not Presents
Agree on a rule for gifts. It could be…
- no gifts
- gifts only for children under a certain age
- home-made or home-grown gifts only
- vouchers for a service (eg a course, a haircut, tickets to a show)
- personal vouchers (babysitting, gardening)
- donation to a cause
Go light on the alcohol and rich food
Christmas for many has become a time of over-indulgence and we all know that leads to regrets. Ensure that there are plenty of alternatives.
Cater for all tastes
In any group expect to have vegans, vegetarians, and meat-eaters. The best way to deal with this is a buffet with a good range of dishes and allow people to mix and match. Ask everyone up front if they have any special requirements including allergies and foods they avoid.
If you do have meant, bulk the meal up with roast vegetables – these go just as well with salads as they do with meat and gravy.
Less stuff, Less waste, More Imagination, More Hope
Consider changes you could make before December to make it a green and sustainable celebration.
- replace that second car in a household with e-bikes raises a whole range of gifts ideas
- replace the Christmas lights in the front yard with a flowering garden for bees and butterflies
- if you already have a plastic tree, re-use it. Otherwise, a real tree in a pot that you bring indoors for the occasion is a great option.
- join with your neighbours to have streets lined with habitat verge gardens
Follow on facebook or subscribe below.